Vale of Clwyd MP Dr James Davies is encouraging nominations for the ‘Your UK Parliament Awards’ which celebrate individuals who have made a difference in their communities and beyond.
There are seven Award categories to choose from in this year’s awards and people can nominate themselves, their organisation or someone they know.
This year’s Award categories are:
- Community Campaign of the Year - recognises an organisation that has campaigned for change in their community
- Digital Campaign or Campaigner of the Year – celebrates the work of individual or organisation that has connected people to democracy through digital engagement
- School of the Year – recognises schools which have taken action on an issue they care about
- Teacher of the Year – dedicated to teachers or educational leaders who have taught their students and colleagues about the UK Parliament in innovative, inspiring and engaging ways
- Volunteer of the Year - recognises the amazing work of people who have volunteered their spare time to help others get involved with democracy and the UK Parliament
- UK Parliament Week Activity of the Year - recognises the work of schools and organisations who made an outstanding contribution to UK Parliament Week
- Campaign or Activity of the Year in the Welsh Language - recognises the work of individuals, schools and organisations whose campaign for change has been in the Welsh language
“If you know people in schools, organisations or your local community who have made a difference, big or small, please encourage them to apply for an award in one or more of the categories.
“In every category the judging panel will want to know about the democratic action taken. This could be a campaign, hosting a debate or vote, contacting your MP, sharing information, or adapting to COVID restrictions.
“Award winners will be chosen by a panel of MPs, members of the House of Lords and independent judges, with the results announced in March 2021.
Winners will be invited toan Awards ceremony on 25 March 2021, hosted at UK Parliament (Subject to government guidelines on COVID-19), afternoon tea with fellow award winners, overlooking the River Thames in the Houses of Parliament (Subject to government guidelines on COVID-19), and will receive a trophy and an exclusive digital badge to recognise their achievements.
The Closing date for applications is 14 February 2021.