Vale of Clwyd MP Dr James Davies is backing a campaign that exists to support and promote independent retail businesses across the UK all year round, but with an annual focus on July 4th: ‘Independents’ Day’.
This coming Saturday is ‘Independents’ Day’ UK, the annual celebration and promotion of small, independent retail businesses, and James is urging people to mark the day by supporting independent retailers in the Vale of Clwyd.
“Independents account for something in the order of 65% of the approximately 290,000 retail outlets in the UK and are at the heart of local communities throughout the country. They offer choice, diversity of product and service, tradition as well as innovation, and a more personal service to customers.
“We have some fantastic independent retailers here in the Vale of Clwyd, and this year, after the impact of the Covid-19 lockdown, never have they needed our support more.
“This Saturday is a day to support all the great independent shops in our area now open again after lockdown and I therefore encourage people to make an extra special effort to support our small shops.”
Ways to get involved with the ‘Independents’ Day’ campaign this Saturday:
- Follow and engage with the campaign across our social media platforms.
- Share the campaign with you friends.
- Ask the independent retailers you visit or know if they are involved with Independents’ Day UK – if not, please direct them to our website.
- Make a list now of one or two independent retailers that you’ve never visited before, or even local favourites you’re familiar with and pledge to visit them on Independents’ Day on July 4th – your visit will make the world of difference.
- Give a shout-out on social media to the independent retailers you love and value most – be sure to tag us in any post using the hashtag #ukindieday.
The ‘Independents’ Day UK campaign is supported by a number of trade organisations, including the Independent Retailers' Confederation; bira, the British Independent Retailers' Association; the Federation of Independent Retailers and the Association of Town & City Management. This year, the campaign is being run in association with Maybe*, an engagement platform that helps make social media work for independent retailers.
To find out more about the campaign visit https://www.independentsdayuk.org/